Thursday, February 07, 2008

My Friend....


Some of you know her because of her passion and zest for photography and life. Some of you know her for her bubbley personality. i know her for late night (like 4 am ) chats online while we are both trying to get our albums done and weddings edited, strung out on coffee, diet coke & rockstar. Running through Vegas in the rain on 4 hrs sleep over the span of 4 days, slamming peoples fingers in car doors and almost dying hanging out of rental cars! She is my friend... Kristin... and the voice in the back of my head! I met Kristin about 9 yrs ago when i worked at Armadillo camera! She cracked me up and sometimes drove me crazy but none the less kept me on my toes. She always was thirsty to know about the latest photographic developments. And when digital became professional she was one of the first believers to think it was a good idea...(hence the drive me crazy part). She is an amazing photographer, entrepranuer, friend and most important mother. As i stress out about how I will get everythign done I think about how she will get everything done. Soccer, basket ball, soft ball, science projects, riding lessons, engagement sessions, breakfast, supper, video store, wedding, bridal, be there for her girls for late night talks and wierd stamp scavenger hunts, on and on... and I am amazed. She is always there for WHOMEVER needs her. As a mentor she has helps tons of photographers spread their wings (including this little monarch)... she is our Yoda! I dont think any of us have taken the time to thank her.... so thank you! Thank you for nagging me until I saw that I needed to make the leap to digital. Thank you for being the photography wikipedia. Thank you for holding the bar high for the rest of us to jump over. Thank you for your prayers and support through all the moments of defeat. Thank you of giving of yourself when there is nothing else to give! And thank you for showing me that Gods strength is enough to move mountains. I love you and thank god that you have been in my life pushing me and keeping me sane! I dont know what I would have done without someone to cry and rant to who really does understand what I go through... i'm sorry i didnt say this sooner!!!! You are a beautiful friend and all the chicks that click are lucky and greatful to have you!

3 comments:

lauren clark said...

amen!

Brittany Strebeck said...

i second that :)

beautifully said, toni!

The Barnyards said...

So so sweet Toni, about made me cry!!! Miss you. Hope you are doing well!