Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I am ashamed to be American!

(Image taken from www.rollingstone.com)

I'm sitting here about to throw up. Literally! I'm crying and shaking and devastated. I have allowed myself to forget that we are at War! Real WAR! Not some peace keeping mission that I have imagined but ugly ugly war. And the good ole U S of A is not necessarily the GOOD GUY!

I was 11 or 12 when we started the 1st Gulf War. I remember watching CNN with my momma and seeing the air strike. The night vision made all the missiles look like green balls of light. It was the first realization I had with our military. I began collecting Dessert Storm trading cards. Stormin' Norman was my hero. I wore camo tshirts proudly and became the most red blooded patriot there was. I was PROUD to be American. Our boys, our men, our women, they were protecting the helpless the innocent from a horrible and evil power. We were their saviors. What a crock! The only reason we care about the dessert over there is because we need that thick black gold they live on top of! The terrorists are just making it a little harder and more expensive for us to import our Black Liquid God! As we have shown, with our lack of interest in genocide that is happening all over the African continent, we will only "save" you if you have something we need. We spend somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5 billion a month on the war and for roughly 2.5 billion we could give all of African a luxury called CLEAN WATER. But those people don't need us, and we certainly don't NEED them.

We the American people have become monsters! We are cursed because of our lack of love for first, our Father in Heaven and Second, our neighbor. We send men and women to defend a place where they believe the people are no more than swine. And that their lives are no more important that a flea. How have we let this happen? Because it doesn't really affect us does it? They are far away in a land that we have no desire to vacation in. To travel to. To love. They are Muslims and not people. They attacked us.... the whole Arab Nation did... they all deserve to die. Is this right? NO! NO! NO! Its so wrong that we all deserve to burn in Hell! We are no different than the horrible Taliban we fight (who we put in power the first time we tried to save the Afghan people)!

The terrorist who attacked us and shook our false foundation believe in something. Its awful and they do horrible things for their belief, but we are worse because we do horrible things because we are apathetic and fear something being too hard or taking to long or costing too much. We don't push our politicians to make changes to make us better stewards of our world and our neighbors. We don't have time, there are movies to watch, basketball games to attend, season tickets to pay for, soft leather hand bags that have to be carried, iPhones to update. We have disconnected ourselves from ANYTHING that doesn't make us feel better about ourselves. And this is why we have invaded countries and we allow our men and women to use elderly and children for target practice and killing as a stress reliever. Yes this is a soap box, yes I am ranting because I have NEVER hated myself as much as I do in the moment and i need to spew this bile in my gut.

Is this why Jesus sacrificed himself and saved us? Is this why we founded a country on God? That is not the God I serve. No wonder we are heading to Armageddon. We are worse than the people God destroyed in the flood... we are lucky Jehovah made a promise to Noah not to smite the whole planet,l or we would be swimming with the fishes in the oil polluted waters!

I accidentally came upon the story linked below, the reason for my middle of the night fury! To be honest I have made it a careful habit to stay away from the news because it upsets my little happy place, my cotton candy world. This is a horrible story straight out of the most psychotic thriller you could ever imagine. Make yourself read it. Make yourself see just what we are letting our military do. Why is there no answer for the sins of our people. We excuse a soldier because of what they go through and it is horrendous. I am thankful to men and women who go into a career that most certainly will at best lead to them witnessing the horrors of war that I can only imagine, for my freedom, but I think we have gotten a little lacks in what is forgivable. Our government needs a collective slap across the face. Be careful all ye Romans!

For those of you who are still reading this post, this article is the worst thing I have read. I even made myself look at the images that undoubtedly will haunt me forever. I don't know what is to be done I don't know where to start. Take the time to look into the eyes of the Children in the photos. These are the children that these men are suppose to be protecting, liberating. Read of the joking and planning to throw candy in front of tanks so they could run these CHILDREN over!!!!!! We may not believe as they do or share any similarities of life with them, but don't forget that they are innocent, and they are human! In the article it is stated frequently that the men in the platoon and in many platoons don't like the people and see them as savages. So that is why they can carry around body parts as trophies after killing a 15 year old farmer in his field.

My sister is 15 and she is a child, I would kill someone if I was told that she was shot 40 times by 2 officers of a military that was "saving me" and then the people who killed her took pictures next to her body holding her head up like she was a prize animal they had just hunted. IF that doesn't make you furious God have mercy on your soul.

I know that this will make people I know and love mad. I know where I live and what we "BELIEVE IN"! I have family who might even disown me for this but I don't care! I refuse to be a part of this silently! I refuse to make excuses for our country sending men and women to become animals who think nothing of killing other humans. I refuse to be quiet why our leaders shove all the ugly under the rug.... the rug is peaking like Mount Everest and its getting a little hard to ignore!

My husband has desperately desired for us to go off grid and only use renewable/clean resources. He has tried get us to a place where we do not fund terrorism by fueling our lives. I have not been whole-heartedly supportive because I want a nice car that isn't too old and had key-less entry... I want the luxury of not having to turn a freaking key!!!! I AM that animal! That changes now! Our government and "We the People" have crushed all hope of renewable energy until it became politically correct and stylish recently. There is nothing available that is modern and reliable without spending at least $60K.... not for at least 2 more years anyhow! We are years behind the smarter less spoilt Europeans! We are killing everything that we can with our sloth-like tendencies. The Gulf, the Oceans, the Innocent People. We are FAT! We are LAZY! We are TOO BUSY! We are A JOKE to the rest of the WORLD! We are a DISAPPOINTMENT to our FATHER! We NEED TO WAKE UP!!!

Please read the article. Please let yourself become enraged! Please do-not ignore this because it is uncomfortable! I support the men and women who serve in our military I just think that they should be held to a reasonable standard of not murdering people for sport. I would never make such a generalization as to suggest that all or even a majority of our service men and women would consider doing anything like this. I know this is the the exception and not the rule. But even a few instances such as these are unimaginable and unforgettable.

Picture if you will a Conservationist who is responsible for protecting the Forrest Kangaroo. This protector is suppose to help repopulate the Earth with this adorable creature so that is will come off the endangered list. For the sake of this story there are only 15 of these amazing creatures left in the entire world. Because the conservationist is sick of living in in the heat and the sand while feeding them, cleaning up after them, and taking care of them; and to be honestly he thinks they are nasty little creatures (hes only there to do his job) he decides to hunt them as open game and then pose with each kill. As a trophy he makes key chains out of the baby Kangaroos paws and shows them to anyone who will look. Don't you think we would have his head for obliterating a whole species and making sport of it? I know I WOULD!!!!!!

Well there are such people...

They call themselves the Kill Team. A few of them will answer for what they have done... but not all! And this is not isolated! Do not be naive and think this is the first or last time this has or will happen. It is WAR! These are WAR CRIMES! If we allow this to happen we cannot be so quick to judge the people of Nazi Germany! We are just as idle...more so because we are aware!

http://www.rollingstone.com/kill-team

The photos are gruesome! If you cant look at them, still go to the link and read the article. The images are not in the article, you have to go to a separate link to see them. They should not be viewed by anyone under 18 without an adult present!!!

Please pray for our soldiers and for the people they are "protecting".

Pray for this nation!

Pray for us all!

No comments: