Thursday, August 07, 2008

I was hungry and you fed me....

I was reading blogs that I subscribe to while waiting on images to load and found this post on flowerdust.net. I encourage everyone to read the post and help the children. I know that the economy is suffering and that the cost of living has risen, but we have enough. My bathroom scales tell me all the time that I have MORE than enough. These children and thier famlies do not. And the crunch is affecting those is the greatest need the most. I know that I can give up a pedicure once a month or a new purse. It may not be comfortable and Daniel might complain when he gets stabbed by toe nails in the middle of the night, but it certainly the LEAST I can do. We do not live in a perfect country... far from it I am afraid. But we are blessed. Blessed with a government that even with its flaws will try to help to feed them who can not feed themselves. Most people in these other countries will never be helped. The greatest comandment is to love one another as God loves us! How can we say we love those who we will not help.

"The king will answer them, 'I tell you with certainty, since you did it for one of the least important of these brothers of mine, you did it for me." Matthew 25:40

Sponser Christine now... and if she is already sponsored click here to find more children in need of our help!

No comments: